Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And the winner is....Beco!

Okay, so there was no real contest, but instead a small victory for me, your friendly Customer Service Rep {Katie}. 
At the beginning of October I went to my first ever La Leche League of Georgia Conference. I was so psyched to get to see tons of other moms and dads wearing their babies and breastfeeding. 
Each local group could set up a table to sell gently used and new items to make some money for our yearly expenses. This is our table! Notice the Beco on the left!
The best part was the presentation I was able to give on babywearing! 
I had an hour to tell all the parents in the room everything I knew about babywearing, plus give them some time to try the carriers on. Yikes! But don't forget, I wanted to be non-biased and present all the different types of carriers that they could use. I showed them ring slings, pouch slings, woven wraps, stretchy wraps, mei tais, buckle carriers and *finally*, soft structured carriers. I told them all about the advantages and disadvantages (if any) of each type of carrier, and also gave them some key safety tips. 
A close up of a hand-made "boob hat" on the head of one of my weighted demo dolls!
Finally, the time came for everyone to try on any carrier they wanted. Keep in mind that I hadn't told anyone my love for Beco and that I even worked for them. I wanted to keep that a secret! One by one, several moms (and dads) tried on different carriers. A few ring slings here, a mei tai there. But in the end, what did most of them choose? BECO! You guessed it. Not Ergo, not Babyhawk, not even the Action Baby Carrier or Pikkolo that was available. So many of them were most interested in the beautiful Beco Gemini and Butterfly. And I have to say, I don't blame them. ;-)
My wonderful husband holding our exhausted three-year-old. No, he didn't choose this mei tai- all my Becos were being used or were locked away! :-(

1 comment: